With the ever-growing pollution around us, the need to protect our skin from harmful pollutants has also been increased manifold. In order to protect your skin and to have naturally healthy skin, it is not always necessary to use expensive cosmetics, sometimes some natural and simple beauty tips (many of which are homemade) do great work, and that too with comparatively no side effects. Everyone wants to know how to get glowing skin. So, here is the list of top 10 Natural Beauty Tips for a Glowing Skin.
1. The Golden Rule: Always remove make-up before going to sleep.
- Make sure that you always remove your makeup before you sleep.
- The skin needs to breathe during sleep. And makeup hampers that tendency – as leaving it on whole night clogs the pores which may cause blemishes and/or blackheads.
- Don’t use or apply a makeup remover. A safe and simple method is to apply some olive oil on a cotton ball and smoothly massage the oil on your face to get rid of makeup and dirt from the skin.
- At least once a week, exfoliate your skin to remove the layers of dead skin, which give you healthier glow and brighter skin.
2. Sun and Skin care : Avoid prolonged contact
- Use a sunscreen lotion with SPF of at least 15 that blocks both UVA and UVB rays.
- Prolonged exposure to Sun causes wrinkles, age spots and other skin diseases which is why you got to protect your skin.
- Make sure the label of the product(sunscreen lotion) contains the term ‘noncomedogenic’ or ‘nonacnegenic’ so that the product does not tend to block pores.
3. Your face reflects what you Eat
- Make a note of what you put on your plate. Eat fresh fruits and green vegetables that are rich in protein and vitamins.
- A diet that contains a high level of Vitamin-C and low level of fats and sugar promotes radiant skin.
- Have a low-sugar diet, which can keep your insulin levels down, allowing cells to maintain a healthy balance.
“Try and practice eating bland foods such as rice, oatmeal, etc.”,
4. Sweat It Out! Mantra of Skin care
- Exercise habitually. Running, jogging and swimming will give your body the required blood circulation, and also accelerate the cleansing process of your entire body.
- You will observe a glow on your face after working out.
- Are you running out of time? Just have a brisk walk around the block. An effective workout of 45minutes is must for healthy skin as well as healthy life
5. Beauty Sleep important for skin care
- Try to have a sound sleep of at least 8 hours every day. If you don’t have enough sleep, your skin also gets tired. (which may also cause bags under your eyes
- So don’t risk it. Also, apply honey on your face twice a week to naturally soothe and heal your skin.
- ‘Don’t forget to wash and clean your face before going to bed’.
6. H2O to The Rescue
- Always Hydrate yourself. Drink lots and lots of water daily, at least 9 glasses if not more.
- Also, eat more fruits and vegetables which contain more water like watermelon, cucumber, grapes, orange, strawberry, etc.,
- Also, have rose water. It helps in avoiding and reducing eye puffiness in the morning and also maintains a good pH balance and naturally hydrates your skin.
7. Preventing Acne
- Clean your face with lukewarm water, at least three times a day, and gently massage your face in circular motions.
- Make sure that the cleanser contains important ingredients like alpha hydroxyl acid or beta hydroxyl acid.
- Face packs which contain Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) also work really well.
- After cleansing, apply a skin lotion which contains benzoyl peroxide”, Benzoyl peroxide appears to be highly effective because of its antibacterial actions.
- Never try to Pop your pimples as it can lead to more swelling and redness. Just clean the area with rose water and place a chilled green tea bag for at least 20 minutes.
- Also, if you wear glasses or sunglasses, make sure you clean them regularly to avoid clogging of pores around your eyes and nose.
8. Go Back to Your Roots – Ayurveda, Yoga
- Make use of Ayurvedic scrubs to nourish your skin. The secrets of beauty lie in ancient Ayurveda itself.
- Luckily everything that you need for your skincare pack is available in your kitchen itself. 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour, half teaspoon of turmeric powder, a pinch of camphor and sandalwood with some rose water/milk/water. It is your perfect skincare pack.
- Never Neglect the basics. Make Sudarshan Kriya as your beauty mantra. It’s very easy. Just breathing in and out could prevent spots and pimples.
- Sudarshan Kriya is a breathing method that incorporates specific natural rhythms of the breath that harmonize the mind and emotions. This also helps in releasing accumulated stresses
9. Pamper yourself and your skin
- Have a regular skin care schedule.
- For dry skin, use a cherry mask. Apply the pulp of fresh cherries on your face before you sleep. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash with lukewarm water
- Never forget to pamper yourself. A mild facial massage with oils could make wonders. Choose oils from mustard, coconut, almond or Kumkadi as they are brilliant nourishing agents which help you to get glowing skin.
10. Healthy Habits
- Take out time for yourself and try to release stress as much as possible.
- Did you ever observe that when you are stressed, you tend to break out more? This is because stress causes your body to produce cortisol hormone and also other hormones, making the skin more oily.
Practice some stress management techniques like breathing exercises, yoga, and meditation. The more you meditate, the more you radiate.
Never Neglect your jawline and facial muscles. At least 5 minutes a day, perform a few facial exercises.
- Another exercise that works well is to look up towards the ceiling and pout. It helps stretch out the muscles making the skin more smooth.
Regularly following the above tips will surely reap wonders for your skin, and will be a reason for your every youthful-looking face. So take note of the above and make a determination to live a healthier life.